A proper review of
The Overall Review
We spent 6.5 hours reading reviews from experts and divers about Tillis Liveaboard.
In summary, this is what divers think:
5 reasons to dive
- Many people stated that the dives were well organised so that the divers of the Tillis were the only divers on the specific locations.
- Divers said they encountered gray reef sharks, oceanic white tip and thresher on the Small Brother Island and did an overall of three dives there.
- Several divers said they experienced a wonderful moment when they met a female bottle nose dolphin at the wreck of the Giannis D.
- Many people were happy with the friendly crew and staff that were always ready to give a helping hand.
- Some people noted that the chef prepared a special cake for a couple that were celebrating their wedding anniversary on top of all the delicious treats he made everyday.
2 reasons NOT to dive
- Many people noted that some days the heat became unbearable if you were not inside the boat.
- Some people claimed that the lower deck cabins were small and had not much room for luggage.
We have done the research for you and found everything you need to know about Tillis - we found the best prices and we've collected reviews from other divers.
The passion behind this guide
DIVE.in is run by passionate scuba geeks - and our liveaboard guides are no exception.
Boby has been diving and guiding on liveaboards since 2005, and love it
Torben is the Editor of Divein and a true water lover.
Dive instructor/Liveaboard director
Ron has been a Cruise Director on 10+ Liveaboards throughout the world and has a keen understanding...
Pictures of Tillis
Description and details
Diving on the Tillis in Egypt
MY Tillis – A ticket to explore the beauty of Red Sea
The magnificent yacht provides an exciting diving escapade and gives you the opportunity to explore Elphinstone, St. Johns, Fury Shoals, Brothers and Daedalus, where the divers can see the hammerhead, silvertip and the grey reef sharks. You can also witness the astonishing visibility of the pristine reefs which will give you an unforgettable underwater journey.
Boat Interior – latest design with ultra-modern technology
MY Tillis is constructed and designed in an exceptionally impressive style with an epitome interior and cozy cabins with a temperature-controlled system. It can accommodate 26 guests in 13 twin cabins with en-suite bathrooms. 8 twin cabins are on the lower deck, 3 honeymoon suites and 2 twin cabins are located on the upper deck, providing breathtaking views to its guests. You can not forget the mesmerizing view from the big portholes. There is a common area which includes a spacious salon, which is incorporated with the latest technologies and entertainment systems.
Deck Areas – a centre of attraction specially designed for divers
MY Tillis has a dive deck, which is the main area of interest for the divers. The large diving deck is where the divers prepare themselves before stepping into the fascinating underwater world. This deck has a storage area and rinse tanks along with nitrox for the certified divers. There are two sun decks on the top from which one is the shaded area with a bar, where you can enjoy a drink while chatting with other divers or you can simple tan yourself while enjoying the sunrise or sunset.
Food and Entertainment
MY Tillis offers a variety of amenities which include an audio-video entertainment system, TV in cabins, free Wi-Fi, non-smoking and smoking rooms and a complete bar. Fresh and live cooked food is served on board, which is not only scrumptious but also freshly prepared in a hygienic environment. A fusion of Egyptian and international food is served in a buffet style so that you can go for the food of your choice.
You can also enjoy the freshly made snacks, fresh and frozen fruits, tea, coffee and all sort of beverages all day long. If you have any sort of food allergy or doing a special diet, do not hesitate to ask the chef to customize your meals.
What time is best to go
You can dive in Egypt in any month of the year but diving in the winter season could be slightly colder as compared to other months. Other seasons like autumn are evaluated as the best to dive in the marine life. Although, no specific month is fixed to discover and enjoy this underwater journey. This is completely the choice and feasibility of the diver to schedule his trip and witness the most fascinating marine environment where you can closely see the magnificent fish life.
- Daily housekeeping
- Audio & video entertainment
- TV in cabins
- Air Conditioned saloon
- Aircon Cabins
- Sun Deck
- Indoor Saloon
- Non-Diver (Snorkeler) Friendly
- Warm Water Showers
- Custom built for diving
- Charging stations
- En-Suite bathrooms
- Free Internet
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Outside Showers
- Seaview Cabins
- Separate Rinse for u/w Camera
- Dedicated Local & International Crew
- Leisure Deck
- Available for Charter