A proper review of
Blue Planet 1 Liveaboard
The Overall Review
We spent 9.5 hours reading reviews from experts and divers about Blue Planet 1 Liveaboard.
In summary, this is what divers think:
6 reasons to dive
- Many people stated that the weather and conditions were excellent on board the Blue Planet 1.
- Divers said they were able to see dolphins up close while diving at some spots.
- Many divers commended the diving crew on selecting excellent locations where they could where they could explore the sunken history in the northern Red Sea.
- Many people stated that the crew was fantastic and they made friends that became like family and these relationships will last forever.
- The diving crew knew what they were doing and took the divers to sites like Brother Island and Ras Muhamid.
- The food was good and the chef had something different prepared every night.
2 reasons NOT to dive
- Some people noted that they could not venture out on their own because the diving crew was very strict.
- Many divers said that some of the equipment was outdated and they need new ones.
We have done the research for you and found everything you need to know about Blue Planet 1 - we found the best prices and we've collected reviews from other divers.
The passion behind this guide
DIVE.in is run by passionate scuba geeks - and our liveaboard guides are no exception.
Torben is the Editor of Divein and a true water lover.
Dive instructor/Liveaboard director
Ron has been a Cruise Director on 10+ Liveaboards throughout the world and has a keen understanding...
Boby has been diving and guiding on liveaboards since 2005, and love it
Pictures of Blue Planet 1
Description and details
Diving on the MV Nouran in Egypt
Blue Planet 1 – the lavish baby of the fleet with complete amenities
Blue Planet 1 was launched in 1999 by Blue Planet Fleet. It was upgraded and refurbished completely in July 2013 with the ultra-modern technologies. The extremely stylish liveaboard is incorporated with all the facilities that could make your trip one of the most memorable ones. It is an ideal vessel for small groups who want to explore the best sites of the Red Sea. Blue Planet 1 offers marine adventures in a more personalized way. You can explore famous sites like Brothers, Elphinstone and Hurghada. Whereas, diving in Thistlegorm will give you the opportunity to explore the sunken ship of 1941. The ship cemetery of Abu Nuhas is an attraction for every diver. Certified divers can dive to the lowest depth of 120 meters.
Boat Interior – elegantly designed for small groups
Blue Planet 1 is a wood crafted modern liveaboard with a classic interior and is perfect for a small group of divers. It has the capacity to accommodate 15 passengers in 8 comfy cabins. All these cabins have twin beds, which can be shared with the fellow divers. The cabins are incorporated with facilities like en-suite bathrooms, air-conditioning with separate temperature a control system, mini-bar, and storage area. A daily housekeeping service is there to keep the cabins tidy. The spacious saloon is the place where divers can socialize and entertain in-between the dives.
Deck Areas – floating hotel with comfortable diving and entertainment
Blue Planet 1 offers a spacious dive deck, where the divers can maintain their equipment and prepare for the dive. Here, you can also have a fresh/hot water shower after the dives and rinse your equipment. The guests can enjoy the mesmerizing view from the sundeck. Divers can spend their leisure time by relaxing on the couches and sun beds placed on the open area of the deck. If you are a sun lover and want to get tan, then this is the perfect area for you.
Food and Entertainment
There is a comfy and commodious lounge, equipped with the latest technologies. Here, you can have a variety of options for your entertainment between dives. You can freely avail these facilities, which include audio-visual entertainment, electronic charging stations and much more.
Access to the internet is the perk onboard, it gives you the opportunity to communicate with your friends and family. The chefs of Blue Planet 1, are well experienced and serve Western and Egyptian delicacies in buffet style three times a day. You can also ask the chef to customize your food according to your food allergies or medication without any hesitation.
When to go
Egypt gives the option to dive any month of the year. Winter is slightly colder but it will still give fantastic underwater visibility. The temperature of water reaches 40 degrees in summer, which gives you an opportunity to explore hammerheads, dolphins and other shark species.
- Camera Station
- Audio & video entertainment
- TV in cabins
- Air Conditioned saloon
- Aircon Cabins
- Sun Deck
- Indoor Saloon
- Non-Diver (Snorkeler) Friendly
- Warm Water Showers
- Camera room with table and charging point
- Custom built for diving
- Charging stations
- En-Suite bathrooms
- Free Internet
- Snorkeling Equipment
- Separate Rinse for u/w Camera
- Dedicated Local & International Crew
- Available for Charter