New to diving and bit unsure about all the new dive equipment? Here is DIVE.in’s Equipment 101 where we tell you all about the scuba gear and what you need to know. We have separated the articles into smaller bits, concentrating on one main theme. Here you’ll find a quick summary of the equipment. A quick link is given next to each piece of equipment so you can check each one out in more detail. Here's a guide on When to Buy What Piece of Dive Gear BCD The BCD, also called BC, stands for Buoyancy Control Device or Buoyancy Compensator. It’s the vest...Read More
The Pacific Ocean is the largest ocean on Earth, at 63.8 million square miles (i.e. 165.25 million square kilometres). To grasp just how large that is, consider this: The Pacific Ocean is larger than ALL the land mass on this planet combined. [Source: AquaViews]...Read More
The world's population of Sharks has decreased 50% in the past 15 year. And the main reason? Yes, you guessed right - shark finning is to blame. While Shark fins them self has are almost tasteless they are still a popular in the Chinese cuisine. Learn What is Shark fin Soup? The problem and controversies is how the fins are usually cut from living sharks that are then thrown back into the ocean where they die slowly. The shark meat itself is not used for anything and is therefore at no value for the fishermen. Gordon Ramsay eats Shark Fin Soup What do...Read More
DIVE.in is always looking for writers with scuba experience - both regular and on-off writers are needed. If you have a great dive story you want too share or have expert knowledge to share with our readers, send us your article or article pitch. If your article is published, you will: Become a celebrity in the Diving community Spread your knowledge of diving Get a writers Bio on DIVE.in Get a link to your own site Before you make your contribution, please follow our guidelines for writing articles to DIVE.in. We want you if you are: Dive master, dive...Read More
Get our free guide:
Top 10 Dive Sites in the world
- Written by our scuba expert.
Use it to plan you future travels
You should also read
- Survive A Silt-Out!: Diving In Low Visibility
- Things To Consider Before Taking Up A Cave Diving Course
- Snorkeling Skills: The Complete Guide To Snorkeling (Part III)
- Dive Film Review: Sanctum (2011)
- 11 Tips For Safe Diving
- Diving in Dominica: the Whale Watching Capital of the Caribbean
- Why Diving Should Be Done Slowly
- Scuba Diving The Pearl Islands of Panama
- Underwater Scooters: Put some speed to your dives with a DPV
- Saving Britain’s Seahorse: Let’s make diving with seahorses possible in the future
- How To Deal With A Cramp While Diving
- Ears & Diving
- Why Do We Pee After Diving?
- Underwater Portrait: Rejuvenate a cancer Survivors Life
- Technical Diving: What Is It All About?