Do You Have a Dive Bucket List for 2021?
Everyone has a bucket list of things they would like to do before they leave this world. A scuba diver’s top 10 best diving sites he or she needs to have on their list is inevitable.
Looking for a list of the best diving sites to see before hanging up your fins? Check these ones out and get diving.
A list of the top 10 best diving places in the world should include something from every type of dive.
If you have plenty of time to go diving you could make more than the one list.
Try compiling a bucket list of the top 10 best diving sites in Europe or the Caribbean and work your way around the world.
Our list of the Top 10 best diving sites in the world:
This list is merely a suggestion of what we have on our list and sites you should consider for your own list.
1. Cape Kri – Raja Ampat, Indonesia
- Coral garden like you’ve never seen it before
- Great marine life: Manta Rays, Sharks, Barracudas and giant trevallies.
- Record setting 374 different species of fish
- Best dived from Papua Diving Resort but can also be done from a Liveaboard
Raja Ampat has the best diving, but how much does it cost to go diving here. See the prices on a liveaboard trip.
2. Barracuda Point – Sipadan Island
- World class Malaysian dive site.
- 800 meters drop off
- Occasionally strong sweeping currents.
- Broadly diverse sea life; Sea Turtles, Buffalo Fish, Coconut Crab
Want to know more about Sipadan? Check the prices on a trip here.
3. Blue Corner – Palau, Micronesia
- A wall dive popular with experienced divers.
- Strong currents for a challenging dive.
- Excellent opportunity to see sharks.
- Fabulous diversity of marine life.
Might Blue Corner be the next dive spot for you? Check the prices on a trip and see if you’re going here next.
4. Thistlegorm – Egyptian Red Sea
- Cargo ship wreck filled with motorbikes, train carriages and trucks.
- Sunk in 1941 after being bombed by 2 German bombers .
- Laying at a max depth of 29 meters.
- Reports of encounters with giant moray eels.
- Popular site for a night dive.
Going wreck diving in Egypt? Check the prices on a Liveaboard trip that passes Thistlegorm, and see if how cheap (or expensive) you can go diving here.
5. Shark & Yolanda Reef – Egyptian Red Sea
- Shark reef rich in anemones.
- Mixture of drop off and ship wreck.
- Good currents for drift diving.
- Three reefs in one dive.
You might think that this is too much of the good diving to be able to afford this trip, but you migh also be surpried at how easy you can go diving here. Check the prices for Shark and Yolanda Reef.
6. The Yongala – Queensland, Australia
- 109 metres wreck (entry into the ship is forbidden).
- Protected under the Historic Shipwrecks Act.
- Lots of wildlife: Manta Rays, Tiger Sharks, Bull Sharks and Turtles.
- Incredible coral formations.
- Accessible from Ayr Township.
109 meters of pure wreck diving love. This makes the top 10 best list because of the sheer amount of everything! The Yongala has it all, trust me on this, but how much is a dive here? Check the prices, and see for your self.
7. Great Blue Hole – Belize
- Incredibly deep hole edged with coral reefs.
- Great visibility in the water.
- Best time to dive is between April – June.
- Hole is 143 meters deep and home to plenty of mako and sharks.
Diving a gorge is quite unique and therefore this one makes it on the top 10. Interested in diving the Great Blue Hole of Belize? Check the prices on a dive trip here.
8. Big Brother – Egyptian Red Sea
- Divers must have 50+ open water dives under their belt to dive here.
- Currents can be wild and unpredictable.
- Interaction with sharks is common.
- Steep sided volcanic cone dive.
9. Manta Ray Night Dive – Kailua Kona, Hawaii
- Lights set into the ocean floor attract plankton which attracts manta rays.
- Currents here can be wild at times, but on a good day you’ll have the show of a lifetime.
- Guaranteed close encounters with the large Manta rays.
10. Liberty Wreck – Bali, Indonesia
- Wreck dive between 9-30m of water.
- Suitable for all levels of diving skill.
- A photographer’s favorite site because of the abundance of life here.
- Very still current with visibility up to 30 meters.
This one is great for someone starting the top 10 list. It’s lush marine life is amazing! Check the prices on a trip to the Liberty Ship wreck, Bali, Indonesia.
Do you have any diving Bucket list? Tell us where you wish to go diving!